Sunday, June 2, 2013

an opened door.

To my friends and family,
   I am so excited to inform you of a very exciting and special dream of mine that has begun to take shape. I have been accepted to work with Lighthouse Ministries in Canton, OH this summer! Each summer Lighthouse Ministries leads what they call a Summer Enrichment Camp. They have both college and high school students help minister and walk alongside kids predominantly elementary aged.
   I will be living with my grandparents who live in Kidron, Ohio during that time. I leave Sunday June 9th and training begins on June 10th. I will be in Kidron for the majority of the summer all except for 2 weeks. I am grateful to be allowed to still be able to allow time off to go to Convention in Arizona and enjoy time with my extended Kauffman family. My official last day working will be August 1st.    The Lighthouse Summer Enrichment camp focuses on nurturing kid’s needs academically, physically, and spiritually. We will spend time each day exercising, learning math, science, arts, and reading, and finishing the  day with worship and a Bible study.
   As a high school intern, I’ll be placed in either the 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade class and I’ll be assigned to one or two kids for the summer. My job is to be their encourager, motivator, supervisor and friend. Many of the children in this program have very little knowledge of God or the Bible. The goal is to plant seeds of faith in their young lives and let them know how much Jesus loves each and every one of them.
  
 
I would really appreciate your prayers throughout this summer. Prayers for an open mind, an open heart, and open arms to all that God has in store for me. I plan on using my blog as a way of updating and sharing my experiences throughout this summer.
take care.
 
 
 

No comments: